Saturday 15 September 2012

England's women praised by ECB and ICC

ECB Chief Executive David Collier today praised the England women’s team after their successes were recognised at the LG ICC Awards ceremony in Colombo.

England wicketkeeper Sarah Taylor led the way by being named the ICC Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Year – and also being shortlisted for the one-day equivalent alongside team-mate Lydia Greenway.

Collier said: "This has been another excellent year for the England women’s team with a 20-match unbeaten run behind them and I am delighted that Sarah Taylor’s outstanding individual contribution has been recognised by the judging panel."

Head of England Women’s Cricket, Clare Connor, said: "Sarah Taylor’s wonderful run of form with the bat in both limited-overs formats has been deservedly recognised.

"The consistency displayed by both Sarah and Lydia over the past 12 months has been influential in a highly successful year from an England women’s team perspective.

"On behalf of all at ECB, we extend congratulations to them both."

Taylor said: "I’m delighted to receive the ICC Women’s T20I Cricket of the Year award; it’s a real honour.

"It’s been a great 12 months for the team and it’s fantastic to have contributed to our success.

"I’m grateful for all the support from Mark Lane, Carl Crowe and my team-mates. It’s just a great feeling to be part of a successful team.

"I’m really enjoying my cricket at the moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment